Want to follow a free Chinese Language and Culture training? It is possible with your STAP budget! For more info, go to the amazing STAP offer from Summa College | Summa & Company and register with Summa for your training and make a timely appeal to the central government for your STAP budget of €1000.
China is one of our most important trading partners. We export a lot to the country, but have even more manufactured there. If you speak the language and know the culture, you can do business with China even more successfully.
In this course, offered by Summa & Bedrijf and taught by ChinaTalk’s Jessica Sun, we immerse you in the Chinese language and culture. We do this in an interactive, fun and practical way. After 20 weeks, you will be able to communicate in Chinese in a simple way on the topics listed below and you will understand the culture better. The lessons are offered in Dutch or English (depending on the participants).
The course in a nutshell
- START: SEPTEMBER 26 2022
- DURATION: 20 WEEKLY LESSONS OF 2 HOURS
- GROUP SIZE: 15 PERSONS
- LOCATION: SUMMA & BEDRIJF INTERNATIONALISERING (Furkapas 1, Eindhoven)
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
Things you will learn about the culture:
- diversity in China
- authentic Chinese food
- education in China
- the Chinese family
- one child policy
- Chinese holidays
- cultural differences between China & western countries
- internet in China
- important concepts in Chinese society: mianzi (‘face’), guanxi (networking), lingdao (leader), jiti (collective)
- other topics that you and your fellow students bring up
In the language lessons you will learn to understand how the Chinese language works verbally and in writing. You will receive instructions and explanations, practice a lot with the sounds and learn to type Chinese characters. After the course you can communicate in a simple way and ask questions about everyday matters. Such as:
- greet and say goodbye
- introduce yourself: who you are, where you live, where you come from and describe your home situation and work
- introduce someone else
- order food and drinks in a restaurant and buy things in a store
- make plans with someone
- send a message via app or email to your Chinese friends or colleagues
For more information and registrating for the Chinese Language & Culture course, visit the website of Summa & Bedrijf.